A few weeks ago I was down in Atlantic City for the 10th annual Atlantic City Beer and Music Festival. What is this magical event you ask? We’re talking more than 1,000 different beers from 150 breweries across the country.
Here are five lessons I quickly learned from wandering around drinking endless amounts of beer with a few thousand of my closest friends.
- It’s perfectly acceptable to wear pretzels around your neck – they make a great snack.
- You can get your haircut between beers, because why not?
- Head to the bathroom 15 minutes before you really need to go because you’ll be waiting in line for at least that long.
- You may end up wearing a skin-tight tank top and dancing at a silent disco.
- Don’t let the small glass throw you off – be sure to pay attention to the alcohol percentages because after mixing and matching beers for a couple hours they really start to add up.
This event was one of the highlights of 2015 so far. I highly recommend checking it out next year and if you go, I’ll see you there. Just don’t forget to bring a pretzel necklace!