Congratulations, Becca! You’re the winner of the Nutella National Pancake Day Giveaway!
Who doesn’t love Nutella? Tuesday is National Pancake Day (yes, that actually exists) and to help celebrate, Nutella wants you to show them your smile by posting pictures of how creative you can get making your own pancake face with the hazelnut spread.
I had some fun with this and my favorite pancake recipe and attempt at a smiling pancake creation are below.
Now the good part – I’m giving away some free jars of Nutella to a lucky reader. All you need to do is tell me your favorite kind of pancake by Thursday, March 6 in the comments below and I’ll randomly select one winner – chocolate chip, blueberry, etc. You can only enter once so choose those pancakes wisely!
Mini Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes with Nutella® Hazelnut Spread and Strawberries
- 3 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 2 cups buttermilk (use regular milk if preferred)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 6 tbsp Nutella® Hazelnut Spread (1 tbsp per pancake)
- Olive oil spray for frying
- Beat egg yolks well, then whisk in the buttermilk and melted butter.
- Sift dry ingredients over egg mixture and fold in.
- When you are ready to cook the pancakes, whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold into batter.
- Lightly grease frying pan and spoon in around ¼ cup batter.
- Cook until bubbles form on uncooked side.
- Before flipping the pancake, scatter a few blueberries onto the pancake and then flip.
- Cook until golden.
- Keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, simply spread layer of Nutella® on top of each pancake and top with chopped strawberries.
Please note: Barton’s Bites was not compensated for this product, but received free product from Nutella.