February is one of my favorite food times in New York City because it means the annual pancake month at Clinton Street Baking Company (4 Clinton Street between East Houston & Stanton Streets, Manhattan, New York)
What is pancake month? Every weekday in February Clinton Street Baking Company features a different type of pancake – ranging from your regular run-of-the-mill pancakes to extravagant pancake delicacies. While this special is only featured Monday – Friday, the offer can be served up for either breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Here is this year’s February pancake line up:
- 1 · 2 crunchy bananas with cinnamon-chili-chocolate sauce
- 3 · 6 poached pears, vanilla bean whipped cream, warm maple butter
- 7 · 8 · 9 almond frangipane, fresh raspberries, toasted almonds, raspberry sauce
- 10 · 13 Japanese pumpkin pancake, pumpkin seed streusel, warm maple butter
- Valentine’s Day 14 chocolate chunks and brandied Burgundy cherries
- 15 · 16 · 17 banana pancakes: Bavarian cream, toasted coconut, and warm maple butter
- 20 · 21 · 22 crunchy bananas, cinnamon-chili-chocolate sauce
- 23 · 24 fresh coconut pancakes, kumquat syrup, bruleed bananas
- 27 · 28 · 29 chocolate chunks, fresh raspberries, raspberry-caramel sauce
Word to the wise, Clinton Street Baking Company is already a popular restaurant and pancake month brings even more of a crowd to its tiny space. If you do plan on visiting, try to head there during lunch or immediately after work for an early dinner. By 7 p.m. the place is packed and a line quickly starts to form outside.
I plan on heading out to Clinton Street for at least one of these days and will be sure to share some pictures.