Super Bowl Sunday is fast approaching and the big game won’t be complete without fantastic food. As you start planning your Sunday menu, below are some delicious recipes that are sure to be crowd pleasers.
Ham and Jam Sliders from Executive Chef Beau MacMillan, Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain, Scottsdale, AZ
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbs. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs. buttermilk
- 5 Tbs. unsalted butter, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onion, including tender green tops
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, black pepper and kosher salt until well mixed.
- Mix in butter until pea sized. Add cheddar cheese and green onion and stir and toss lightly to combine.
- Stir in 1 cup buttermilk until the mixture forms a soft, slightly sticky ball.
- With lightly floured hands, divide the dough into 12 equal portions. Form each portion into a rough ball and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Space the balls about 1-inch apart. Brush the tops with the remaining 2 tablespoons buttermilk.
- Bake at 350˚F for 15 to 18 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
Red Pepper Jelly (Yields 2 1/8 quarts)
- 3 large red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3/4 cups cider vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 package Certo liquid pectin
- Place peppers in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped, but not pureed.
- Place chopped peppers in a large bowl with cider vinegar, sugar, salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Put mixture in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add Certo and continue to cook at a slow rolling boil for 35 to 40 minutes, until you can “drag” a spoon around edges of pan or until it passes the jelly test coating the back of the spoon or dripping from spoon very slowly.
Snake River Farms American Bone in Ham
- 1 large Snake River Farms American Bone-in Ham
- Heat oven to 275˚F. Place ham in a roasting pan and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Heat for approximately for 12-15 min. per pound. When center of ham reaches 125˚F allow the ham to rest for 15-30 min. Keep covered with foil while resting.
- Slice biscuits in half and rub with a generous portion of red pepper jelly. Slice ham thinly and place in between biscuit halves. Enjoy!
Chipotle BBQ Pork Ribs from Executive Chef Caleb Lara, Harbor View Hotel, Martha’s Vineyard
To prepare Chipotle BBQ Ribs:
- 10 lbs. of pork ribs
- Rub the racks with prepared seasoning rub and refrigerate for 6-8 hours, or overnight
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and roast the pork rib racks slowly for three hours until done
- Glaze with Chipotle BBQ sauce during the last hour
BBQ Pork Rub
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- ½ tablespoon ground onion
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- Whisk together all the ingredients and store in an airtight container
Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ Cup butter
- 4 Cups ketchup
- 1 1/3 Cups brown sugar
- 1 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Cup lemon juice
- 6 Chipotles in Adobo
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a sauce pan, sauté garlic in butter until soft
- Add all other ingredients and simmer until thickened
- Puree and season with salt and pepper
Crispy Rock Shrimp With Sriracha Aioli from Executive Sous Chef Richard Pelliccia, Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
- Rock Shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- Buttermilk – as needed
- All-purpose flour- as needed
- 4 Cups Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Champagne vinegar
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ¾ Cup Sriracha
- 5 each Scallions, fine dice
- 1.5 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- ½ Tsp Celery salt
- ¼ Tsp Coriander, ground
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat fryer to 350 degrees
- For the aioli sauce, combine all items together with a whisk. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place aioli in cooler for use later.
- Place shrimp in a separate bowl. Add buttermilk to shrimp, just enough to coat the shrimp.
- Add a small amount of salt and pepper to the shrimp and thoroughly mix until coated
- Add shrimp slowly to the bowl of flour
- Mix shrimp with hands until coated with flour and no longer feels wet
- Place shrimp in fryer basket and lower into the fryer
- Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove shrimp from fry basket and drain off excess oil
- In a separate bowl, add shrimp and small amounts of sriracha aioli to taste
- Place in a serving dish and enjoy