This weekend, Giants of Generosity, a non-profit based on the pay-it-forward model of altruism, will be hosting a celebrity food and wine show at the Clinton Inn Hotel and Event Center in Tenafly, New Jersey.
Premium ticket holders will get to meet Chef Maneet Chauhan from TV’s “Chopped” and Chef Guy Mitchell from the White House Chef Tour as they demonstrate their cooking skills, followed by a two-chef cook-off, judged by Ms. Lori Stokes of ABC’s Eyewitness News. General admission ticket holders get entry only to the tasting part of the event, sampling a plethora of foods from the area’s finest restaurants and wine vendors.
This event is a joint fundraiser to benefit the Office of Concern food bank in Englewood, the New Jersey Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, YCS Youth Consultation Service of Hackensack, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Tenafly and SMA Fathers Tenafly, and of course, the Host organization, Giants of Generosity. The event is sponsored by BMW of Tenafly and The Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center.
Get more information and purchase tickets fast before they sell out!
Chef Maneet Chauhan
We Heart Astoria, one of the top blogs in Astoria, will be announcing the winners of its annual Best of Astoria Awards – and it’s doing so in style. They’re partnering with The Strand Smokehouse for an all-you-can-eat, all-you-can-drink party on Thursday, March 27 from 6-9 p.m. Tickets are $35/each and they’re going fast! Buy your ticket now!
Congratulations, Becca! You’re the winner of the Nutella National Pancake Day Giveaway!
Who doesn’t love Nutella? Tuesday is National Pancake Day (yes, that actually exists) and to help celebrate, Nutella wants you to show them your smile by posting pictures of how creative you can get making your own pancake face with the hazelnut spread.
I had some fun with this and my favorite pancake recipe and attempt at a smiling pancake creation are below.
Now the good part – I’m giving away some free jars of Nutella to a lucky reader. All you need to do is tell me your favorite kind of pancake by Thursday, March 6 in the comments below and I’ll randomly select one winner – chocolate chip, blueberry, etc. You can only enter once so choose those pancakes wisely!
Mini Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes with Nutella® Hazelnut Spread and Strawberries
- 3 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 2 cups buttermilk (use regular milk if preferred)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 6 tbsp Nutella® Hazelnut Spread (1 tbsp per pancake)
- Olive oil spray for frying
- Beat egg yolks well, then whisk in the buttermilk and melted butter.
- Sift dry ingredients over egg mixture and fold in.
- When you are ready to cook the pancakes, whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold into batter.
- Lightly grease frying pan and spoon in around ¼ cup batter.
- Cook until bubbles form on uncooked side.
- Before flipping the pancake, scatter a few blueberries onto the pancake and then flip.
- Cook until golden.
- Keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, simply spread layer of Nutella® on top of each pancake and top with chopped strawberries.
Please note: Barton’s Bites was not compensated for this product, but received free product from Nutella.
Today kicks of NYC Restaurant Week, running until March 7. This twice yearly event features nearly 300 restaurants throughout the city offering discounted meals for lunch and dinner. Three-course lunch specials are $25 and dinners are $38.
Check out the NYC Restaurant Week website in order to see the full list of participating restaurants and make your reservation. Popular places book up quickly so don’t wait!
In honor of Valentine’s Day, I wanted to pass along the best article I’ve read this morning (shout out to Kristin for sending it my way). Scrap all that lovey dovey stuff and love some food instead, with 32 Burgers That Are Better Than A Girlfriend.
How can you turn down a pretzel bacon nacho cheeseburger or the cinnaburger?
Ok, people. I’ve seen enough pictures today on Facebook and Instagram to know that “working from home” really means “sitting on your couch with a laptop and drinking.”
For those of us “working from home” today due to the snow, check out some of these awesome drink recipes from Ketel One to help turn today into an occasion you will want to drink to.
The Melted Snowman
- 1 oz Ketel One® Vodka
- ¼ oz peppermint schnapps
- 3 coffee beans
- Place three coffee beans in the bottom of a chilled martini glass. Shake other ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker and strain into martini glass. Garnish with a small candy cane.
- 1 oz. Ketel One® Citroen
- ¼ oz. crème de violette liqueur
- ¼ oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 bar spoons berry jam
- Add Ketel One Citroen, crème de violette, lemon juice and jam into a cocktail shaker. Vigorously shake with ice. Strain into a flute glass. Top with champagne. Garnish with berries floating on top.
- 2 oz Ketel One® Citroen
- 2 oz Godiva® White Chocolate Liqueur
- Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a strawberry wedge.
It’s February and that means it’s time for City Bakery’s Hot Chocolate Festival and Clinton Street Baking Company’s Pancake Month! These are some of my favorite annual food events are are well worth the trip to both places.
Every February, City Bakery announces its calendar of hot chocolate flavors. Each day throughout the month City Bakery features a new flavor of hot chocolate, ranging from lemon hot chocolate to rum raisin to banana peel. And this isn’t your cheap Swiss Miss hot chocolate. This is the real deal – thick, liquid chocolate gold.
Pancake Month at Clinton Street Baking Company is the place to be as well. Get there early though because lines stretch out the door on both weeknights and weekends. The wait is well worth it for some delicious pancakes and great variety of flavors.