Taste your way through some of New York City’s top grilled cheese sandwiches this weekend at the 5th annual Big Cheesy Grilled Cheese Challenge. This event brings six different restaurants from across New York City together to compete as hungry attendees vote for their favorite grilled cheese. The event is this weekend, April 18th and 19th, and costs $30 per person, which includes six grilled cheese tastings and two beers from Goose Island.
I don’t know about you, but this sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday or Sunday afternoon! This year’s competitors are:
- Twist ’n Smash’d – The Twisted Grilled Cheese has cheddar cheese, fried Chicken, chipotle mayonnaise and avocado spread
- La Maison de Croque Monsieur – Smoked Mozzarella, Bresaola (dried meat), Béchamel sauce & truffle oil
- Mrs. Dorsey’s Kitchen – GUAC AND BACON: Cheddar, avocado, diced onions, jalapeño, tomato and bacon
- Depanneur Brooklyn – Hangover Grilled Cheese – cheddar, avo, sriracha, buttered sourdough, ***served with McClure’s Blood Mary Chips & Mexican Coke***
- The Wheelhouse Brooklyn
- Artisanal – Artisanal Grilled Cheese: Consisting of our special Five cheese blend, Toasted Country Bread with Artisanal Signature Sauce